Suggestion for Enhancement

Sep 23, 2010 at 2:45 PM

There is another set of Workflow plugins that does this, but yours is much more useful...with one exception.  Do you think you could add a utlitity to retrieve the current GUID for the current record?  That feature is in this other project: http://crmaccelerators.codeplex.com/releases/view/26691.

If you add this to your library, I can remove this other one. :)

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Do you need this for version 4 or CRM 2011?  I can add it to both.  Are there any other things you are trying to do in CRM that you think would be useful for a plugin library or workflow library?

Nov 12, 2010 at 11:30 AM

I needed it for V4, but then I figured out how to create my own plugin and just combine your code with the other plug-in code that I needed.  Thanks!

Dec 1, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Carlton,

I have a suggestion. I love that you have the SoundEx and the Metaphone workflow activities, but since these work asyncrounously, they cannot work with the OOTB Duplicate Detection during the initial OnSave. I was thinking if you could modify these String functions into a Pre-Save plugin, then the code can write to a custom SoundEx attribute that can then be evaluated by the duplicate detection rule for newly created records (and I would assume for data imports as well). This would be a huge improvement over the current duplicate detection rules and of great value to numerous clients.

Thanks for this library, it works fantastically. Between your code and some of the other great custom workflows out there, I have been able to do some fantastic things with CRM.

Coordinator
Apr 11, 2011 at 4:58 PM

mdodd, that is a great suggestion.  I will work on making a plugin for soundex or metaphone that someone can easily customize and use - it really shouldn't be that difficult using the code I have already.

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Sweet. Thanks! As a non-developer, this would be a fantastic tool for duplicate detection. Do you think you could do one for CRM 2011 as well as 4.0?

Coordinator
Apr 11, 2011 at 5:32 PM

I will probably write it in CRM 2011, and publish it as a solution, with examples of how to register it using the plugin registration tool.

Coordinator
May 15, 2011 at 10:53 PM
mdodd wrote:

Carlton,

I have a suggestion. I love that you have the SoundEx and the Metaphone workflow activities, but since these work asyncrounously, they cannot work with the OOTB Duplicate Detection during the initial OnSave. I was thinking if you could modify these String functions into a Pre-Save plugin, then the code can write to a custom SoundEx attribute that can then be evaluated by the duplicate detection rule for newly created records (and I would assume for data imports as well). This would be a huge improvement over the current duplicate detection rules and of great value to numerous clients.

Thanks for this library, it works fantastically. Between your code and some of the other great custom workflows out there, I have been able to do some fantastic things with CRM.

Ok.  There is now a SoundEx and Metaphone plugin that is included as part of the manipulationlibrary (even though it is a plugin and not workflow).  It is only for CRM 2011 or CRM Online, but it will hopefully fill that void.

May 16, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Awesome. Thanks!