Undocumented Feature in Business Days Date Add

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:13 PM

The Business Days Add function has a little bit of logic that will push the time out to 'normal business hours'  (8am to 6pm) if it determines that your calculated date/time is outside of those boundaries. 

That little feature was driving me nuts.    It isn't documented in the guide, but should be.

Apr 5, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Mark, did you ever find a solution for the problem you documented above? I am trying to add x-number of hours to current process time nad sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, I get a result of the following morning, or, if it's a Friday, the following Monday morning. If the function is relying on a CRM setting to determine what "normal business hours" are, where in CRM can I change that setting?

If I use the other utility, to just add (non-business) days, it doesn't seem to work at all.
Apr 5, 2013 at 5:20 PM
It really wasn't a problem. Just knowing that the code specifically determines that 8:00am to 6:00pm as 'normal business hours' would have been helpful in my testing. The source code is available so if you are so inclined, you can update it to fit your needs...